You can make your kid love fruits and colourful vegetables, but making them like green vegetables is definitely not as easy as we think. You can make them eat any other vegetable and fruit, but to make them eat green veggies is a tough battle to win because most of the kids don’t like the taste of green veggies and so hate them to consume. But don’t lose hope and while going through dinner recipes for kids, don’t forget to look for recipes to cook green vegetables deliciously and serve your kid for a trial.
Here are a few tips you can use to make your kid eat and love green vegetables:
- Start serving your kid with green vegetables at a very young age because kids aren’t biased about what they should eat and what they should not. They try everything you serve them. So, cook green vegetables in different styles to make them love it and develop a habit of eating them with time.
- You can add mashed and boiled green vegetables into their soup or favourite vegetables to make it tough for them to recognize it and eat happily. And then, unconsciously, eventually, they will develop a taste for green vegetables.
- You can even try growing green vegetables in your garden. Even a small pot will work. Seeing the freshness and look of the green vegetables can attract the kids to try them. They might ask you to cook the green veggies on their own by getting attracted to it.
- If you want your kid to have green vegetables, then it is important for you too to eat them with your kids because they do what their parents do. You know that your kid is a little monkey who mimics you. Start eating green vegetables in front of them from the beginning. As they will see, you eat green vegetables, they too might want to try it and like it.
- Make them understand the benefits of green vegetables in creative ways so that they get attracted to them and agree to eat. Tell them that these veggies are going to make them strong and full of energy to win different competitions and fight germs for a healthy life. And serve them as one of the easy breakfast recipes.
- Last but not least, don’t give up serving them green vegetables. So, what if they have refused to eat it 4 times or 5 times? You should keep on trying to serve them green vegetables in different forms and different recipes. There will be a recipe they are going to love and eat it for the rest of their lives.
There are so many things you can try to make your kid love green vegetables. You just need to understand your kid’s psychology and keep on trying without giving up. There are so many popular kids’ recipes Indian, you can try to make your veggie delicious. Just keep developing ways and try hard because you know it is for your kid’s good health.